- Write two sentences with the idiom "face the music"
Read the following quotes about music. Which one do you like the most? what is its meaning?
Bob Simon's "Joy in the Congo"
MUSIC GENRES PROJECT
- HISTORY OF JAZZ
- HISTORY OF COUNTRY MUSIC
- HISTORY OF OPERA
- HISTORY OF CLASSICAL MUSIC
- HISTORY OF ROCK
- HISTORY OF POP MUSIC
- HISTORY OF REGGAETON
- (if there is another music genre different than any of these that you and your group prefer, talk to the teacher)
- Place of Origin
- Cultural Origins
- Musical characteristics
- Lyrics / examples of songs
- Famous singers / musicians
- Personal Opinion
- Presentation of your project to the teacher (PAPER)
- Digital presentation to the class (with illustrations and no more than 5 words per slide) You cannot have any paper with you and you cannot read anything.
- Length: 7 to 10 pages (min.)
- Digital presentation length: (max) 1 or 2 slides per topic.
- You have to include the self-assessment and co-assessment form with your project.
|File Size:||15 kb|
LISTENING COMPREHENSION EXERCISE
- Situation 1
- Situation 2
- Situation 3
- Situation 4
- Situation 5
- Situation 6
OPINION ESSAY TOPICS
- Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community or even climate. Which do you prefer?
- Education is the single most important factor in the development of a country. Do you agree?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food or education? Or it is a responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves?
- The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers have great influence in shaping people's ideas. To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?